Monday, September 3, 2007

Proberbs 16:9 and Romans 8:28

As a Christian, I should never be surprised at what happens. For example, when I wrote my last entry, I was stressing about the time left and for all the tasks on my "to do" list. Little did I know that before the end of the day, BW and I would be discussing a postponement.

It is so true that although we make our plans, God "directs our steps." If I focused solely on the circumstances that led to the postponement, I could have easily become depressed, angry (at God, at the person responsible for the situation... probably more of the latter), or even more stressed. But I wasn't. I was a peace, although worried about how BW was coping with the situation. I simply KNEW that God was in control. I also know that "all things would work for the good."

The day after this happened, I read an "Upper Room" devotional about always looking for blessings and at least one thing to be thankful for every day. It could even be something as small as "...daffodils popping out of the cold, barren ground...." In the few days since this has happened, I have seen so many blessings beginning to "bloom." People who learned that they would not be able to attend the wedding now have another chance. Details about the ceremony that we so deperately wanted but could not have managed before are now possibilites. Even something so small as a statement I made about one of the songs I was thinking about including in the DVD ("it would be perfect if the wedding was in October!"). And I have more TIME!!!!

If anything, these last few days has shown me that not only does God have a sense of humor (eg, the song), but He truly, truly cares about the details of our life and the desires of our hearts. I know that the wedding will be great, but the marriage will be better, because Christ will be right there in the midst of it all with us!

No comments: