Sunday, July 12, 2009

It Was Just Like New Year's Eve

The All You Grocery Challenge has started.



I went shopping on Sunday.



I actually feel a little guilty. I didn't go shopping to get a head start on the challenge. You know, stockpile. My husband and a friend were hanging interior doors, and I went in search of lunch for them and something for dinner. Something quick and easy because I was painting and grouting. We are on countdown to getting the house ready to receive some very important guests. Guests who deserve to have bedroom and bathroom doors.

I spent way more on this trip than I had planned. Looking back, it was just like New Year's Eve... indulge, because the diet starts tomorrow! But if anything, it really was a lesson on what I need to do to be successful in this challenge. And it's the same basic sage advice that has been bestowed on the masses through the generations:

Look both ways before crossing the street.

Wear clean underwear because you never know when you will be in an accident.

Use a grocery list to shop and stick to the list.

Week one of the challenge has started. I already know that tomorrow's meals will come from the pantry. Or the freezer. And the garden. I can't forget the garden. And given that I have so much squash... I am already rethinking my dinner menu for tomorrow. I think it will involve squash.

No comments: