Monday, July 2, 2007

Marathons of a different kind...

I am soooo glad that I am on vacation this week! This weekend was a long one! It began on a low note... a "marathon hunt" for missing ribbon. I must have tore up the house twice, looking for ribbon. It's what I needed for the favors. Forget the fact that it's only 50 cents for 10 yards. I had to find that ribbon. As the moments past without it turning up, I got more and more frustrated with myself. I had it "in it's place," but then I moved it. And now I couldn't find it!

Oh well, I had another marathon to attend to, so I abandoned the ribbon search and just went and bought more. Actually, it turned out to be a good thing, because I added two new colors to the mix. My next marathon was a marathon shopping session. I was meeting my MOH at South Coast Plaza to hit the stores to search for her dress. We planned to meet at Nordie's, because she had a return to make, and I was in search of mascara. Please, no gasps from the Mary Kay world... our waterproof mascara, although it is great, does not give the kind of wedding day lashes that I want. Cindy was tied up by a major traffic accident on the freeway, so I not only got the mascara, but I picked up a few other necessities too (like perfume) and looked at the dresses that Nordies had to offer.

Once Cindy and I connected about 10:30, we were off! For the next 4 hours, we sought out dresses galore! She tried on a TON at Macy's, and then I proceeded to be a "bad influence" as she called me when I took her to Bath and Body Works and Sephora (I hear more gasps from the MK world). But this is all in the name of W-E-D-D-I-N-G. Finally, we did get a chance to sit down and eat (a nap would have been better). Unfortunately, we both ran out of time and had to move on to our next committments for the day... so dress shopping will continue on Wednesday.

My day wrapped up with an invitation & favor making party with friends from the church. It was great! These ladies are such a blessing. They found a big OOPS with the invitation (Letty, what TIME will the ceremony begin?), but Betsy and Anna Marie came to the rescue and added the time to the invites. We did not get as much done as I would have liked, but we did cut a lot of ribbons, tied a lot of knots, and got a lot of prep work done!

Sunday after church, BW and I went to another Bridal Expo. It was MUCH smaller than the first one we went to (which was held at the OC fairgrounds), and we got roped into attending a vacation timeshare presentation. But oh well. The best thing about it was that I think I learned a new trick for putting the invites together so they will look better. I haven't tried it yet.

And the marathon continues this week. Besides finishing the invitations (and addressing them), I have to meet with two more florists, then pick the florist, shop some more for Cindy's dress AND meet with the photographer. But now I think I will take a nap! After all, I AM on vacation!

No comments: